Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Candy Bandits!


Before Christmas vacation I was tucking Cade in bed when I felt something nasty and sticky underneath his pillow. GUM!! I asked him who put it there and he informed me that it was Dylan. When I told him that I didn't think it was Dylan, he blamed Nate. I don't think that Nate chewed a piece of gum and then hid it underneath Cade's pillow. Good try, Cade. He finally took responsibility for his misdeed. I did not have time to clean off the gum before Christmas break. I finally had the time to clean off the gum after Christmas. I was putting the sheet back on the bed when I noticed an unusual yellow object between the head of Cade's bed and the wall. I reached my hand down the crevice and discovered a mountain of empty candy wrappers, partially eaten candy that was tried and found to be less than appealing, and chewed pieces of gum. After pulling out a large pile, I sent Dylan for a bag. After I realized the difficulty in getting all of the candy wrappers out, I had Brad come upstairs and move the bed out from the wall. Up above is a picture of the mountain. Cade and Dylan have been sneaking candy up to their beds since Halloween. That's right, they have been brushing their teeth and then going to bed for a candy snack. Wonder how the dentist visit will go later this month? Dylan fessed up to his transgression but Cade first tried blaming Dylan, then Nate, and then our dog!! Sneaky, sneaky boys! Cade has been grounded from candy and desserts for a week and Dylan for 2 weeks because Dylan was really, really old enough to know better. We had a few friends over for New Year's Eve so I bought candy and passed it around to all of the children except for Dylan and Cade. I made sure that I bought Cade's favorite candy - sour gummy worms! Cade has been super good about taking his punishment but Dylan is another story. He came down and gave me a hug and what did I smell? Chocolate!!! He got another week added on to his punishment. Sneaky, sneaky boys!

Cade also tried to blame Nate and our dog for the hole in his pajamas that was cut by scissors. We must have an amazing dog who can cut with scissors and stash candy wrappers.

No comments: