Monday, November 29, 2010

Mommy Guilt Monday

Carving a pumpkin is one of our yearly traditions. The boys look forward to it and enjoy doing it. Here is last years creation.

And here is this year's creation
What? You don't see anything? That can't be right. I would never have NOT completed an important tradition with my boys. Let's look at this year's carved pumkin.
Whoops. That's okay, I have wanted to roast pumkin seeds every year. This was the year to do that. Let's see how that worked out.
Let's pray I do better with Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

We didn't have time to carve pumpkins either this year... DO NOT feel guilty! First of all, it's toooo hot to do that and 2nd, it's tooooo busy!!!

See-Dub said...

Assuming I eventually catch up to October on my blog, I won't be posting any costume pictures because I didn't take any on Halloween or at Trunk of Treats. NOT. A. ONE.

I have some pumpkin carving pix, but I was still out of town when Brett and kids left to go trick-or-treating, and by the time I got to Trunk of Treats, Katie had already shed her costume. :(

But you know, I think our kids will survive this travesty! I'm pretty sure I didn't carve pumpkins every year when I was a kid, and I turned out OK. (So maybe that's not the best example...)

Andrea said...

Oh my word, Jenna. I just read through some of your older posts and started bawling when I got to the "Tomorrow is coming" one. You nailed it, dear friend. That was awesome writing and such a wonderful lesson. Love it! Love you.