Friday, January 09, 2009

What to do with the Boy!

The rest of the Christmas catch-up is coming soon. In the meantime, I need to share a couple of Nate stories.

Yesterday, Nate and Cade were playing nicely in the backyard, Chase was sitting in the living room, and Dylan was at a friend's house. I went to the bathroom, and a few minutes later, my neighbor is at the door. Apparently, Nate came inside, went out the front door, then went to her house. He knocked on her door and informed her that he was lost. Oh, my!!! Mark and I think that it is time to install a high lock on the front door.

Today, Nate was climbing on the outside of the stairs (as in the other side of the railing). He knows that this is not allowed. I told him to get down, and he informed me that it was okay because he had a parachute. Hard to argue with that wisdom.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Wow, cleaver and craft little guy!

Stacey said...

i live with my own "nate"!! :)

Beth said...

You may need to turn your house alarm on!!!! Merry Christmas and thanks for the beautiful card... I did not send out cards this year.

Devona said...

I would suggest those plastic door knob cover things (I don't know the technical term for it!!) but, if Nate's anything like Jacob, when he can't open the door, he's able to pry them apart and still get out. Jaime and I have also talked about a lock up high. We really need to talk and compare notes about our youngest ones!!

Andrea said...

Thanks for swinging by and helping me feel more "normal" about my lost keys and reading this blog about Nate made me laugh because he sounds very much like my Alec. Got to love a 3 year old who can think on his feet!