Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas Card Chaos

I had a plan this year for the Christmas cards. They were going to be super cute. I bought the supplies needed and I bought the cute-coordinating outfits. I brought it all with me to the farm over Thanksgiving so that I could take the picture. Then, forces of nature conspired against my well-thought-out plans. First, we experienced puke-o-rama. Pictures were not going to happen over Thanksgiving. Then, everybody got well but the weather would not cooperate for an outside picture. Finally, time was running out so we went to the Gaylord to take the picture. Mark is very particular about the pictures that he takes. He was so frustrated with our picture taking experience because the lighting was not what he wanted. We got one that was okay, but not what I had envisioned. At least I finally had a picture, now on to the cards.
Our computers died last year so my Christmas card address list was long gone. I had to re-enter all of my addresses. I have now saved all my addresses in my Gmail address book. I think that Gmail is the greatest thing ever. Since it is server based, my addresses will never be lost again even if my computer dies. My emails will always be safe, too! I bought the cards before I finished my addresses. Since I could not remember how many I needed, I ended up buying about 30 cards too many. Picture - check, Cards - check, Address labels - check, Stamps - forgot about that important part. My cards were finally mailed on December 26TH!! This year did not go as planned, but I have a plan for next year :)

Not the final selection
Nate loved watching the trains at the Gaylord
This was the final selection. That girl in the background kept showing up in a lot of our pictures.
Cade has been fascinated with Gingerbread houses so he was thrilled by the huge Gingerbread house at the Gaylord.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Wani said...

What beautiful boys! I have two boys myself - still hoping for a girl someday. ;)

Stacey said...

they are all sooooooo handsome! yes, we too lost our computer 2 years ago! one of my goals is to keep it all backed up, but i like your idea too!

Sarah P said...

Baby brain has gotten the best of me. I said something about Chase on my blog today and I put Chance. Seriously?! I promise I know his name. Really, I do.
Cute Christmas card by the way!

Jennifer said...

your card was precious!

Beth said...

your card was very good... i totally understand your chaos! We need to get together soon!