Friday, December 28, 2007

Chase and Dylan at Christmas

Chase messing with his cousin, Drew. Drew has these pants that show his underw*ar - he likes to show his underw*ar. Drew, here is a picture of you showing your underw*ar to the world!
The boys just getting up on Christmas morning - they have not spied the goodies yet. Dylan finally spied the Wii! The boys were so surprised and excited. We had been talking about how hard it was to find Wiis. Santa happened to stumble across one in October. The boys are loving the Wii. Even Grammy got into the action.

This is the year that Chase really knew the truth about Santa. He has been wondering for a while and he finally asked us point blank. We tried to deflect the question but he really wanted to know. We have told him that he can always ask us anything and that we will always tell him and tell him the truth. He has asked about other things and we have told him. That was easier than this because once he really truly knows then he can never go back to the magic. I told him the truth and I cried. I know it is silly, but it makes me sad because it is one more leap towards adulthood. We stressed the importance of not telling his friends or his brothers because once the magic is gone then it is gone forever. Chase and I then headed to Target to acquire a few penguin items. It was nice to share with Chase the joy of Santa shopping. I also appreciated that he told me "thank you" many times after Santa brought him a Wii. I remember his first Christmas. It really feels like it was just yesterday. I can't believe that he is growing up so fast.

Dylan is such a sweetie. He has been exceptionally sweet this Christmas. He has been very loving towards Nate. He has been very nurturing towards Cade. I overheard Cade asking Dylan if Dylan liked the present that Cade got for him. Dylan strongly reassured Cade that he loved the present. Dylan even allows Cade believe that the present is a penguin even though Dylan knows that it is a crow. He makes me so proud.

So very excited about the Wii.

Dylan opening some of his presents. Not a great picture but I love his sweet face.

Chase was so happy to get the Pokemon Pearl DS game.

Dylan got a digital camera

A lot of Wii playing was going on this week. Notice Cade laying on the floor with his penguin towel around him.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Merry Christmas! We need to get together!

Holly Moulder said...

Tyson waited in many lines EARLY in the morning just to find out they were out of wiis.
We have told our kids all along that Santa is pretend and it's still pretty magical. :) I was really mad at my parents for lieing to me about Santa, even though most kids don't see it that way. So we opted out of the whole Santa thing. Hope that doesn't ruin my kids! I'm sure they'll have plenty of things to be mad at me about in 5-10 years. :)

Stacey said...

It must the be season; I cried while watching my kids watch Frosty the Snowman at Casa Manana.

Looks like great fun in your family!

See-Dub said...

WHEEEEE for the Wii! We got ours earlier in the year, but it's provided some fun together time over the break.

Everybody looks so healthy and happy in these pictures! Everyone feeling better these days? Hope so!

Krista said...

Enjoyed looking at your updated pictures! Everyone has gone Wii crazy . . . we hear it's a lot of fun! =) Looks like you guys had a GREAT Christmas holiday with your loved ones! Hope you have a wonderful start to 2008!

erinlo said...

I love love love coming over to your blog and getting caught up on your sweet family- your boys are so precious! We, also, invested in a Wii earlier this year and it has been awesome. I'm glad your boys are enjoying it. Happy New Year! -Erin L.