Thursday, December 27, 2007

Nate at Christmas

Nate has loved Christmas, too. This age is so fun because he is really starting to understand things about Christmas. He likes Santa - but only from a distance. I will post the Santa picture soon. He knows that Christmas means presents and he definitely likes that. One morning I was in the shower when Nate brought me an opened gift! He decided that a present needed to be opened. He knows that Christmas means family. He loves having all the cousins around. He also loves bossing the cousins around! He truly loves his cousins.

The remains of the package!

All of this holiday season fun has Nate worn out. He laid down his head around 6 in the evening and then I heard snoring. Note how his feet are and that he has his shirt off (he is still loving to strip down). He slept that way for at least 45 minutes before I got him up and changed him into pj's. He went straight to bed. Tired boy!




Who knew that a vacuum could be so much fun?






Nate helping me to stuff the Christmas cards into the envelopes. Too bad that the cards still were not mailed on time.

Nate seeing what Santa brought for him. He was so excited!


More goodies.


He has become very attached to Dylan lately. Here he is getting Dylan to read to him. Dylan is super sweet to him and very happily reads Nate one of his new books. While we are at Grammy and Granddaddy's house, the boys have been sleeping in one room. Two in a bed and 2 on the floor. Nate has been sleeping on the floor, sort of! He has been asking Dylan if he can sleep with Dylan. Of course Dylan has been letting him. Two boys on a twin bed - cuddly. Tonight, Chase and Dylan had Nate riled up. Nate was not in the mood to go to bed. He crawled into bed with Dylan and proceeded to prevent any boy from going to sleep. After many threats and "NATE, GO TO SLEEP", Nate had to be moved to a different room. He was so upset. "I want to sleep with Dywan, Dywan, Dywan" Honestly, I was having a hard time not laughing at his antics. I was listening at the door before I had to move him and I could hear Nate saying, "Dywan, Dywan, DYWAN." I had given Dylan instructions to ignore Nate and Nate was not liking that. It was truly super sweet.

Nate and Cade dancing to Cade's penguin. Nate has started to call Cade "Cade Cader Raider".



This is a fun present.


He pulled the cars out of this one but he will need to wait until we are home before it is set up.


He loves his pirate shoes.



Diego Rescue Pack from Grammy and Grandaddy!!! He loves it!


Patiently waiting for Daddy to finish opening the rescue pack.


Chilling with Daddy


Nate continues to love music. He loved playing the piano with Aunt Charlotte and with Grammy. The pictures with Grammy are still on my camera so I will post them later. I know that I am biased, but I think he sings very well for a 2-year-old. He is very interested in music and picks up lyrics super fast! I have to be very careful about the music I listen to around him.



Nate loves the Sponge Bob towel that Grammy gave him.


5 comments:

Stacey said...

that is so funny! did he actually stand for 45 minutes? vacuum play is real popular around here too!

Jennifer said...

Looks fun! Your boys must have been hanging around Hudson to find fun with a vacuum cleaner!!

Amy C said...

We have much fun with the vacuum too. I love the Nater tot. You are such a patient mommy! Looks like you had tons of Christmas fun!!

Holly Moulder said...

Those pics are so cute! :) Nate is growing so fast. Bethany and Nate need to sing a duet in Sunday school. She's pretty musical too. :) I'm jealous of that piano!

See-Dub said...

I can't believe how big your baby is getting to be!

Around here, vacuums were objects of sheer terror, but that fear eventually turned to fascination. When we'd visit other people's houses, Ryan would always ask to see their vacuum cleaner!