Friday, December 07, 2007

Preparing for Christmas

While I was gone to Houston on Sunday, Cade decorated the tree all by himself (before the stomach bug hit him). As you can imagine, it was all decorated on the bottom half of the tree. Cade has been so excited about Christmas and the decorations. Unfortunately, the decorating has been slow going this year. I still don't have all the decorations up. Hopefully it will be done before Christmas. I haven't even taken the boys Christmas picture yet. I was going to do that over Thanksgiving but puking boys = no picture.

Nate has a new thing going. When he is home, he strips off his clothes. "Shirt off, shirt off".
Every year, I buy a special ornament for each boy. I try to find one that reflects what they are into at the time. I buy 2 so that when they get married they can take one and I can keep one. This year, I found video game controllers for Cade. I did not realize that they made video game sounds. The boys love playing with them, and they put them back on the tree when they are done with them. The Star Wars ornaments are a big hit too.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stacey said...

i LOVE the 2 ornament idea!! i have never heard it that way before!

i hope things are starting to calm down for you!

and tell Cade i think the tree looks great!

Beth said...

I love the decorated christmas tree! It was great to see you for that brief moment today!

Jennifer said...

sweet Cade. Good job on the tree!

Laura said...

Love the 2 ornament idea! Hope you don't mind if I copy you!