Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Elusive Christmas Spirit

I have had a hard time getting the Christmas spirit this year. Normally, I love Christmastime. This year, even pulling out the Amy Grant Christmas music has not done the trick. I think it is a combination of the illnesses and too much work. Normally, I have the Christmas stuff out and up right after Thanksgiving. This year, it has taken forever! Finally it is all up! I do feel the Christmas spirit creeping in. I am catching Cade's excitement and joy. He is loving every part of Christmas. I love watching his happiness and excitement. And his belief!! I love his conversations about Santa and how the elves make all the toys. He clearly remembers what Santa brought him last year. He is so much fun right now! It is also fun to watch Nate start to understand Christmas. He enjoys saying, "Merry Christmas!". So cute!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jenna, your tree looks great!

Amy C said...

I just cannot believe the last few weeks you have had. What a beat down. WE enjoyed getting to visit a few minuits. YOur tree is lovely. Cade did a great job!

Stacey said...

i think the nights without a beautifully lit tree to sit by has been the hardest thus far for me. thanks for sharing your beautiful version!

Krista said...

Love your tree, Jenna! It's beautiful! I'm enjoying taking a peek at all of your pictures . . . that little Lanae is just precious; she looks SO much like both of her sweet parents! Have a GREAT week! =)

Laurie said...

Your tree is so pretty! I hope that things slow down and you are able to enjoy this Christmas season!

See-Dub said...

Here's to a healthy and happy Christmas at your house! What fun to have little ones to share their excitement with you!

Stacey said...

you just got tagged, so come on over!