Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What a Ding Dong

When I take all 4 boys to the grocery store with me I often sound like a broken record. Things like, "we are only getting what we need" and "that really isn't the healthiest choice" come out of my mouth over and over again. "Oranges? That sounds like a great idea." "Cookies, those aren't really good for you." I don't want to complete ban the "bad" foods because I feel that then they will obsess over only the "bad" foods. I also feel that most things are fine in moderation. Well, Cade spied the Ding Dongs at the store and really wanted some. Initially, I told him "no". Of course he wanted to know why so I told him that Ding Dongs weren't really good for your body and that they could make you fat. Smart Cade pointed out to me that his Aunt Charlotte (very thin) eats Ding Dongs. Then, he very innocently asked me if he was fat! We went home with the Ding Dongs. Cade has been enjoying them immensely. This morning, he tried to eat one for breakfast. He was devastated when I would not approve of his breakfast choice! He pointed out to me that he needs to be fattened up! (I have been telling him lately that he is too skinny and I need to fatten him up - I need to be more careful about what I say). His argument did not work this time, no Ding Dongs for breakfast. Instead, he optd for the "healthier" choice of waffles and syrup.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

well, if you ask me, i think you deserved the ding dong just for taking 4 children to the store with you! i barely got out alive with 2 this afternoon!!!

or maybe we are ding dongs?!!! :)

Krista said...

I SO enjoyed reading this post; I was laughing at one point! =) I can definitely relate with those type of conversations with our children! Hope you're having a GREAT week!

Devona said...

Too funny. My kids always hear "that's too expensive". I love when kids repeat something we've said to try and get their own way! I'm such a bad mom, I would've let them have a ding dong for breakfast!!!

Jennifer said...

too funny. What a smart boy trying to reason with you!!

Laura said...

Looks like Cade and I have something in common. I am a self-proclaimed Ding Dong Addict. I haven't touched one in about 5 years because I know if I do then there will be no stopping me! However, unlike Cade, I DO NOT need to be fattened up!

Holly Moulder said...

Seems like kid logic always wins! :)

My Life In The Fast Lane said...

HAHAHAAHAHAH!!!HI Jenna this is myles(nathalies son)kids mostly always get what they want cause we are kids.We always have an answer and an argument.

Amy C said...

I miss ding dongs. . .I should be a supermodel!