Tuesday, October 02, 2007

He Just Might be the Death of Me

My sweet, monkey Nate. He scared me more than any of his brothers have ever scared me. He was at the table eating a snack with his brothers. I left the room. He starts crying so I come back in the room where I find a terrifying sight. Nate has managed to crawl on the counter and turn on the burners. There was a box on the stovetop that was smoking and about to catch on fire. It was probably good that the box was on the stovetop or else he probably would have burned himself. So scary. Mark had the great idea of removing the knobs so hopefully he can never turn on the stove again. Scary!

Nate is extremely independent now. He wants to do it "myself". He won't allow me to help him out of the car. He will push away my hand if I try to help him. He thinks that he is as big as his brothers. He wanted his folder after preschool only he was calling it his "homework".


Here are some pictures of Nate at preschool on Someone Special for Breakfast day.






Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jacinda said...

How scary!!!!!!!! Aaaahhhhh! I probably would have gone completely bonkers and done everything wrong in my haste to fix it and ended up getting burned myself!

Katie's (3 year old) Bible Class teachers told Chris she had homework last week. We were supposed to read one of the stories in her Beginner Bible with her-the story they would be doing the next Sunday. She was quite proud of having "homework!"

Those Brumley Boys said...

I remember when we lived in Altus and I woke up the the smoke alarm going off before 8:00 in the morning. Trey came running into the room - he was under 5. He decided that he wanted to make himself a grilled-cheese sandwich. He had put it together and never turned it over before the bread started burning which started the alarm...I don't think I have flown down stairs so fast in my entire life!
It was a long time before he was brave enough to cook again!! But the good news is - he doesn't burn the sandwiches anymore!

Jennifer said...

too funny. I know what you mean about the independence. Cooper is that way too and he's a monkey boy as well. I can only imagine how boy #4 would really grow up fast. I think all the time that Cooper didn't stay a baby for long because he was trying to keep up with brother.

Stacey said...

i love how he eats a donut-no messing around with utensils! enjoyed our coffee so much-hopefully, i did not jabber too much! another 6 degrees thing- i lived in altus several years as a child; my mom is from that area! would it be weird if i knew your friends!

Laurie said...

Nate has such a sweet face! Especially with doughnut all over it!