Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things I Want to Remember

Nate often sits like this.

Nate with makeup on.


Chase has an aversion to "church" clothing. It is a fight to get him to wear any shirt with a collar. As soon as we are home from church he rushes to change his clothes. That collar must be soooo uncomfortable. He has a school program and they were putting on a performance at school. They were supposed to wear nice clothes. You would think that I was using Medieval torture methods this morning by his reaction to being asked to dress nice. He even tried to tell me that his teacher said not to wear a collared shirt - PLEASE!! He walked out the door with a nice shirt without a collar and nice pants. TORTURE! I should make him wear "church" clothes to school for an entire week!! Chase just had his quarterly doctor visit. He is now over the 25th percentile in height!!!

Dylan tried out for the UIL spelling team and he made it!! We are so proud of him. He has been surprised at how hard the words are. He is not used to missing words on a spelling test. He has been so good and sweet lately. He is looking forward to a special trip to the deer lease with his daddy.

Cade is loving museum school. He has been learning about Indians. We were talking about Indians and I asked him where Indians lived. He told me that they lived everywhere - even on PLANES!! I had to explain to him the difference between planes and Plains. They made an Indian baby complete with papoose. He wore the papoose and took care of his baby while we ran errands. There were 2 baptisms at church on Sunday. Cade was telling me all about how someone got "abatized". I asked him what that meant and he said that it meant that they said with their mouth that they believe in God.

Nate is a stinker. I left the room to start some laundry. When I came back, Nate had discovered my makeup. Application of makeup is not a strong suit of his. He is such a busy, busy boy. He has had "mommyitis" so bad lately. He has also started to call me "mama". Another thing about Nate that cracks me up is that he does not know how to eat a M&M. He will not chew it, he just licks it. It makes the hugest mess. So funny (and messy).

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Devona said...

How do you handle Nate? Jacob is also one very busy boy and I can't even begin to describe ALL the things he'll get into and destroy if you are not watching him every minute of every day. It's driving me absolutely crazy. Any ideas on how to keep him busy (that doesn't involve The Wiggles)???? Help!!!

Amy C said...

Funny Boys!

PB said...

Whew! I thought Nate had one of those nasty injuries on his chin. Your boys are so funny - and I said that "with my mouth". :)

tamandscott said...

I thought the same thing as Pam until I read the makeup thing. I will make Scott read that b/c he thinks our boys are the only ones on earth that enjoy playing with my makeup brushes and stuff.

Congrats to Dylan for making UIL! I can't believe they are already starting to prepare for that!

See-Dub said...

My son has always hated buttons, especially on shirts. He still shuns shirts with collars because he hates the buttons!

I love UIL academics! State UIL helped pay for my college expenses, so who knows? Dylan might turn that spelling into $$$ someday!

Stacey said...

if you want to borrow anysa, she can teach about princess dresses and baby dolls; just to keep him well-rounded! :)