Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Nater Tater Tot

Our sweet Nathan turned 2 on Saturday. Mark was out of town so the birthday celebration was small. My brothers and their families were in town so we were able to celebrate with them. We went to my sister-in-law's parents house where we had a joint birthday party for Nate and for my nephew, Ben. It was humorous that they were having a joint birthday party because (to put it nicely) they are not the best of friends. They seem to be getting along better. I know that someday they will be good friends and they will laugh about how they were with each other when they were 2 and 3. Nate loved having his birthday. He loved people singing to him. I can't believe my baby is 2!

Nate is such a blessing to us. He is so funny and sweet! He loves, loves, loves his brothers - especially Chase (his 2nd mother). He loves airplanes, trucks, and cars. He loves to sing! We laugh so hard when he runs up to Chase, grabs Chase's shirt, and starts singing, "Hey, hey, you, you - I don't like your girlfriend. No way, no way - I think you need a new one". We often laugh at what he does, which of course makes him do it even more. He is happy and fun. He likes to be the center of our attention - and he often is!!! We are so thankful that God has blessed us with him. Happy Birthday, Nate!!





No fancy cake, but Nate enjoyed it anyway!











Here is our present to Nate. He loves it!! I gave it to him first which was a mistake. He did not want to get out of his car to open his other presents.




My nephew opening his presents. He really wanted a harmonica. He hardly put it down after he opened it. Glad it is not in my house!!


Isn't my nephew cute and very photogenic!
Chase is into the silly pictures! Here he is with my nephew, Lang.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, him singing that song cracks me up and i haven't even heard it! my guess is, like luke, he idolizes the older ones and follows their lead!

Amy C said...

So cute. I know he loves his present. Bailey and Blake had cars just like that. They loved theirs too! I think they would still ride in them if they had one. Look out!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday to Nate and Ben...2 little cutie-patooties!

Beth said...

happy birthday nate! i need to get off the roads if you are going to be driving your new car