Monday, April 02, 2007

Cade and Nate Update




Cade loves playing at Starfall or Nick Jr. or Noggin. Since my computer has been out of service since MID-DECEMBER, Cade has not been able to play because I have been using our desktop for work. Cade was so excited when I got my new computer! Right away he wanted to play, but our internet was not working! After the technician left, Cade wanted to know if the internet was working then he wanted to play!! As you can see, he was very excited!

You know that Blades of Glory promo that keeps playing and playing. The one with the disgusting and annoying song! Thanks to the promo, that song has been stuck in my head. Not only is the song stuck in my head, but the version with Will Farrell singing it is stuck in my head. It has been driving me crazy so I asked the boys to please help me get it out of my head. Cade walked up to me, made a crane motion, "removed" the song from my head, threw it away, and then with the crane inserted a new song. Chase, Dylan, and I were laughing so hard! Unfortunately, the song is still playing in my head!

The evaluator called about Cade. Cade unfortunately has fallen into a crack. The OT contracts with the school and can only see Cade if he has another diagnosis. The evaluator is sending me a sensory checklist that the OT gave her. The evaluator reviewed the checklist and she does feel that Cade does have sensory issues. Our next step will be to find an OT to give Cade an evaluation. I have left a message at Cook's OT office but they have not called back yet. I really feel that we are on the right track.

I am buried with work right now (I know I shouldn't be blogging but it is important for me to keep my blog up-to-date). Mark's parents have taken Cade and Nate for the week!! I have never been away from Nate for a single night. Do you think I will survive this week? I really appreciate them taking the boys because I really need to catch up on work. Thank you Charles and Ann.

UPDATE: Cade is scheduled for an evaluation in June but they anticipate that the appointment will be moved to May.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy C said...

I love all the cute updates and pictures. Now, Get To Work!

Stacey said...

jenna- i read your blog through jennifer o. through jennifer h. (crazy!). i am a pedi ot with experience in what you are dealing with and would be happy to help you if i can. i live in keller as well. email me at arbonnebystacey@hotmail.com

stacey