Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Nate Update

Once again, Nate has been sick! My super healthy boy is gone, replaced by a super sick cling monster. Truthfully, there is nothing sweeter than a sick boy who just wants his mommy. Of course, it is not so sweet when you have a serious deadline to meet and you can't get it done because the sweet monster won't allow you to put him down. My sweet husband came home from work early so that I could finish what had to be done. (He also fixed dinner tonight without me even asking - how is that for a great hubby!) Before you think that he is perfect, let me share with you that he is a bit crazy. He found a black widow spider and her egg sac on our grill. Since black widow spiders are dangerous, wouldn't it make sense to kill the spider and destroy, DESTROY, the egg sac. Not to my husband. Instead, we take the spider and egg sac and we put it in a cup with a magazine over the top. We proceed to let the baby spiders hatch. So now, there are thousands of baby, black widow spiders in a cup in my garage - CRAZY. He finally killed them but I have a fear that some got away and are growing in my house. I think it is time to have a pest control guy spray. Die spiders, DIE.

Our happy Nate finally returned today! We are so glad to see him. I really love the age he is right now. He is learning new things every day. When we take him to bed he now says "nigh-nigh". He can say "nana" for banana. The funniest one is when he says yuck, it truly sounds like he is trying to get something out of his throat.

Today, I was washing Nate's bears. He sleeps with his bears and he loves them. I was moving them from the washer to the dryer (a job he likes to help me with). Nate did not like his bears going into the dryer. I would put them in, he would take them out. I would put them in, he would take them out. I finally got them in and got the door shut without traumatizing Nate! Here is a quick video of him laughing. He was really laughing right before Chase started to video.

3 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Black widow spiders! I have some spottings of them already in the neighborhoods around here (one at a house that we almost bought -- my husband took a picture of it). I am going to tell Kevin this story right now so he will go and respray our house tomorrow when he gets home from work...he hates spiders more than me I think!

It was great meeting you too on Sunday. I sent you an email yesterday, but we are still having kinks in our internet, so I am not sure if you got it. I just tried resending it again -- they keep bouncing back as delayed/undelivered messages.

Amy C said...

I am so irritated with the internet. It keeps sending me error pages. Mark is crazy. I sprayed TOXIC PESTICIDES all over one in our garage just the other day. I am sure it had already had a million babies. I hate those things. We killed like 3 last year!

tamandscott said...

Ick. Sorry for the sickness (in Nate AND in your nutty husband!).