Monday, October 16, 2006

Carlsbad Caverns

Daddy and his boys
I won't even tell you what I discovered I was sitting on - Gross

The next day we went to Carlsbad Caverns. We could not time the bat flight right, but Cade could not stop talking about the bats. We got him a stuffed bat there and he has had a million (and I do mean a million) questions about bats. Why do they have a tail? Why do they fly? Why do they have ears? And on and on and on! We need to go and get some bat books at the library.

Mark and I thought that we would spend about 2 hours there - 5 hours later we were loading back up into the car. We all enjoyed our time there. Nate did not enjoy his carrier at first and I ended up carrying him for a while. I did not mind because he was so sweet and cuddly. Before too long the snuggles will be gone. If Mark would get to close to him with the carrier then he would snuggle his head into my shoulder and pat my back. He has my number! He finally went back into the carrier after lunch and crashed for a long nap! I guess the atmosphere of the cave was just perfect for snoozing. He had slept on his first ever palette on the floor the night before at the hotel. Mark managed to get him to go to sleep and he stayed asleep all night. Nate really did well considering his routine was non-existent for this trip. Posted by Picasa

No comments: