Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Straight from Nate

There have been lots of comments from Nate, but I have been so bad about writing them down and have forgotten lots of them.  Here are the ones that I remember.

Nate is very into math right now and is constantly going over basic addition.  He has grasped the concept of multiplication and is loving doing multiplication problems right now.  (Future nerd maybe?)  He was spouting off some multiplication when he came up with a new problem.  "Mommy, Nate times Mommy equals love."  Melt. My. Heart.

Nate and I were eating lunch with my sister, and he was showing off his mad math skills.  She asked him what 5 times 0 is.  I told her that we hadn't gone over that yet, and Nate looks at us and says, "Zero".  Yikes!  My sister then asked him what 32 plus 64 was.  "Niecey, I don't know that, but I know what 32 plus 32 is.  It is 64."  I asked him how he knew that, and he told me that he learned it from Minecraft (a computer game that he loves).

I was asking Nate what a certain kid in his class looked like.  The kid has an unusual name, and I was trying to get an idea of what he could look like.  "Well, he has a head like an alien."  He used hand motions to illustrate what he meant.

I received a text from Mark - "Nate - It's a bad idea to have dynamite in your pocket with a lighter that's on fire.  It will catch the dynamite on fire and blow you up."

Nate is enjoying kindergarten for the most part.  He does not like that he has to wake up while it is still "night".  I don't like that either.  He also asked me this morning why kindergarten has to be so long.  He is doing well and loves his little friends.  He really wants to invite a friend over, but I don't know the mom yet.  Most afternoons he comes home with rocks - it seems that digging rocks during recess is a favorite activity.  


No comments: