Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The End of an Era

This sign brings me sadness.  It signifies the end of an era for me.  Let me explain.  I tend to work on the weekends and often I am flying to my appointment.  Southwest and Love Field airport have been a beautiful combination for me.  The airport is a 45 minute drive from my house.  Before the shut down of this pedestrian bridge, I could LEAVE my house an hour before my flight and still make my flight.  Believe me, I tested this theory more than once.  I would drive to the third level, park by the door, and walk over the bridge.  I would then breeze through security and walk straight to my gate and often straight onto the plane.  It was a beautiful system.  And now it has permanently ended.  Now I will have to leave an extra 15 minutes.  Oh, the tragedy ;-)  

No comments: