Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Medical History

If being thankful for medical history seems odd to you, then you are probably not adopted or don't have an adopted child.  Throughout most of my life, I have known nothing about my medical history.  Forms I filled out at doctors' offices always contained the phrase "I am adopted and do not know my medical history".  People who are not adopted or are not adoptive parents probably don't think about how much of a loss this can be.  I was blessed to meet biological family members.  Meeting them has blessed me in so many ways, but one of the greatest blessings has been that now I know so much more about my medical history.  Yesterday, I was filling out lots and lots of paperwork for a doctor visit for Cade, and I was able to include helpful information from MY medical history, and for that I am truly thankful. 

1 comment:

Your sis : ) said...

you should've added that you're thankful you are adopted and don't have some of the blankenship genes!!!! Lol! I know...you must be jealous...I won't tell. : ) I was just talking to Kristen yesterday about if Jason and I will get the shakey head. I can picture it now...maybe it will skip us! Love you and am so thankful you are my sister!!! : )